Job Opening - Easton District Administration Assistant
The ministry of the District Administrative Assistant is part of the over-arching mission of The United Methodist Church to “make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.” The Administrative Assistant will have a relationship with God, practicing United Methodist with the basic understanding of The United Methodist Church procedures and policies. In a variety of ways, the District Administrative Assistant represents the joy, compassion, and grace of Jesus Christ.
- District Superintendent
- Preference given to college degree or related experience, with a minimum of a regular or equivalency diploma from high school.
- Maintain confidentiality
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Work with District Superintendent to coordinate the calendars of District Superintendent, District Office, and Conference.
- Co-ordinate with persons or locations concerning scheduling for District events or Conference events being held on the District.
- Present a friendly, hospitable, and helpful attitude.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently, taking initiative as needed but seeking consultation from the District Superintendent when appropriate.
- Excellent time management skills (the ability to prioritize) to ensure that work is completed by required deadlines.
- Manage and organize the office to run efficiently and effectively;
- Provide basic office functions including but not limited to:
- Answering the telephone;
- Greeting those who come to the District Office in person;
- Preparing written correspondence and other documents requested by the District Superintendent;
- Prepare and distribute a periodic district newsletter;
- Maintain the Designated District Office files and records pertaining to the district;
- Communicate with clergy & laity as needed to provide proper dissemination of information;
- Be able to multi-task, set goals, deadlines, and handle interruptions with courtesy and kindness;
- Appropriately account for financial responsibility associated with the office such as payment of bills, event registrations, etc., as directed by the District Superintendent
- Knowledge of Office 16 and programs such as Word, Publisher, Adobe PDF, Excel, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of preparing PowerPoint presentations.
- Be familiar with Internet searching and social networking such as Facebook.
- Such other duties as required for the efficient operation of the District Office to benefit the clergy and laity of the Easton District.
- A candidate being considered must undergo a background check.
- Ability to lift objects up to 25 lbs.
The standard workweek is Monday-Thursday, 9am -4pm, Monday through Thursday. Some weekend or evening work may occasionally be required (weekday hours will be flexible when this occurs). Office hours will be based on the general needs of the District.
St. Luke’s United Methodist Church
100 5th Ave
Denton, MD 21629
Salary: Based upon experience
Email cover letter and resume by December 3, 2018, to:
Rev. Bernadette Wright