Have You Ever?
• Wanted to have an authentic conversation with a person of a different race or culture and got stuck?
• Wanted to have ways of talking about cultural and racial difference without being misunderstood?
• Wondered what changes might take place in your congregation if you have a pastor of a different cultural or racial identity?
• Would you like to learn some communication tools to help make conversation and understanding easier?
• Would you like to experience difference as a way to be in relationship rather than to be separated?
Then You Are Invited to Attend
• The Eastern Pennsylvania Conference UMC will conduct seven conference-wide trainings that will expose participants to information and engage them in conversations designed to create an awareness for developing intercultural competency.
• The objective is to introduce, influence, impact and instill new ways of thinking, speaking and relating in matters of race, culture, diversity and inclusion.
• This skill set will facilitate more effective appointment-making and relating within congregations as well as with the communities they serve.
• Every clergy person is expected to attend and bring at least 3 lay people.
Date: April 11, 2015
Time: 9 am - 3:30 pm
Location: Grace UMC
900 N Washington St, Wilmington, DE 19801
Cost is $25 per person, which includes all food and materials
How To Register:
* Please register by March 27, 2015
Will I Get any CEUs?
Clergy and CLMs will receive .5 CEUs.
Contact the Central District Office at 215-878-4607 or firstname.lastname@example.org