You Are Invited!!
* What? Join us for a forum on the future of The United Methodist Church.
You may know that the Bishops created a Commission on a Way Forward at the last General Conference, in 2016, to present options for United Methodists to live together faithfully with differing beliefs around the issues of human sexuality. The two primary aspects of these concerns involve language in the Book of Discipline around conducting same-gender weddings and ordaining “self-avowed practicing homosexual” people. The Commission has asked for our feedback.
* When? On Saturday, April 28, 2018, from 1:00 p.m. until 4:00 p.m.
, the Peninsula-Delaware Conference, with the support of the Bishop and Cabinet, will host a forum for conversation.
* Where? We will meet at Aldersgate UMC, 2313 Concord Pike, Wilmington, Delaware.
* Why? We are God’s temple and God’s Spirit lives in us!
(1 Corinthians 3:16.) To discern the movement of the Holy Spirit, we need to listen to one another as the Spirit speaks through us.
* How? Please register here: A Way Forward Registration
Further information may be found here
This is a FREE event.