Dialogue on a Way Forward
|When||Saturday, February 3, 2018|
|Add to my calendar||Google, iCalendar/Outlook, Outlook Online, Yahoo|
1101 Camden Ave.
Salisbury, MD 21801
* What? Join us for a forum on the future of The United Methodist Church.
You may know that the Bishops created a Commission on a Way Forward at the last General Conference, in 2016, to present options for United Methodists to live together faithfully with differing beliefs around the issues of human sexuality. The two primary aspects of these concerns involve language in the Book of Discipline around conducting same-gender weddings and ordaining “self-avowed practicing homosexual” people. The Commission has asked for our feedback.
* When? On Saturday, February 3, 2018, from 10:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m., the Peninsula-Delaware Conference, with the support of the Bishop and Cabinet, will host a forum for conversation. Dr. Brian Polkinghorn, the Director of the Bosserman Center for Conflict Resolution, will be moderating the event, at no cost to the Conference.
* Where? We will meet at Salisbury University, 1101 Camden Ave. Salisbury, Maryland in the Worcester Room above The Commons Dining Hall. Students are on campus during this time, so we invite you to park at Asbury UMC, on Dogwood Drive. Lunch will be on your own, and we recommend eating at The Commons, a food court at Salisbury University, one floor below our meeting room.
* Why? We are God’s temple and God’s Spirit lives in us! (1 Corinthians 3:16.) To discern the movement of the Holy Spirit, we need to listen to one another as the Spirit speaks through us.
* How? Please register here: A Way Forward Registration. A Map of Salisbury University may be found here Salisbury University Map
* 0.5 CEU’s will be offered to those that attend the full day.
This is a FREE event. Parking on campus is permitted.