REGISTRATION DEADLINE IS MIDNIGHT, APRIL 1st!!!
Saturday - April 14, 2018
This is a reminder that the Conference Council on Youth Ministry will be hosting a One Day mission project: Graveyard Shift! One Day is a Conference-wide Missions Day for Youth Groups. It provides an opportunity for youth groups to do a short-term, local missions project and bring back skills and experience to do that locally at their church or immediate surrounding area. This will be our fourth One Day project and will be targeted for the Easton District.
Here are highlights/points about the event:
- The location for check-in, dispersion and gathering back would be St. Mark’s UMC in Easton, Maryland.
- Groups register in advance (online registration). The cost would be $20 each, which covers a continental breakfast, lunch, water, and a t-shirt.
- The groups would meet with someone at each location who will explain what needs to be done and answer any questions about the work.
- Each group’s mission is to clean, upkeep and/or repair cemeteries in need throughout the District. The future take away is they can then do this in their own districts.
- Tools would be provided by the locations, based on the work needed. Each location will have a contact/point person to make arrangements ahead of time and to make sure someone is on-site for the day of the event to show/explain exactly what needs to be done. It would be the responsibility of the location to make sure any and all supplies needed for the work would be provided - including any protective clothing/items, if needed.
For more information and to register, visit our website - umyoungpeople.org
To register directly, go to One Day Graveyard Shift Registration
If you have any questions, contact Carl Samans at 410-708-8243 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope to see you there!!!