No Paperwork Required.
1. Letter from candidate requesting admission to candidacy program,
2. Statement of Call and Faith,
3. Form 102 (Biographical Information Form),
4. Signed Commitment to Highest Ideals of Christian Life,
5. Credit Check (on File),
6. Criminal & Sex Offenders Background Check.
1. Form 102 (Biographical Information),
2. Proof of Graduation from High School or its equivalent,
3. Form 103 (Medical Form),
4. Form 104 (Declaration of Candidacy for Ministry),
5. Written Report from Candidacy Mentor,
6. Reference letter from pastor and/or SPRC,
7. Written Response to Statements found in Par. 310.2a,
8. Report from Supervisor from the Service Area (if applicable),
9. Background & Credit Check (on File),
10. Psychological Assessment (on File),
11. Orientation to Ministry (Not Available at this Time),
12. Nurture Wholeness in Community (Must be completed within three years),
13. Basic Sexual Ethics.
LOCAL PASTOR LICENSE
1. Materials for Candidacy Certification (above),
2. Form 105 (Application for clergy relationship to the Annual Conference).
CERTIFIED LAY MINISTER
1. Written recommendation with a ministry review by the church council or charge conference from the congregation of which he/she is a member, and if different, the congregation where assigned.
2. Recommendation of the District Superintendent.
CONTINUATION OF CERTIFIED CANDIDACY
RENEWAL OF LOCAL PASTOR LICENSE
1. Annual recommendation of candidate’s home church charge conference or if serving a local church, a copy of your last pastoral evaluation with your covenant. (Please contact your home church or your SPRC, in writing, to request this information).
2. Written report of Candidacy Mentor or clergy Mentor. See attached Form. A copy of this form will be sent to your mentor along with the date and time of your meeting as well as the date your paperwork is due to DCOM. (Please remind mentor to attend your DCOM meeting with you)
3. All candidates are required to have an official transcript from the school, college or seminary you attend or are attending. This must be sent directly to the Registrar:
Rev. Daniel T. Gedman
Easton DCOM Registrar
P.O. Box 815
Cambridge, MD 21613
If you attend or have completed Course of Study, an electronic copy from GBHEM is to be sent to the registrar at: Easton.email@example.com
Transcripts must be received by the registrar prior to your meeting with DCOM.
4. Write at least two paragraphs describing your understanding of the Trust Clause found in ¶2501 and ¶2503.
5. Pertaining to disciplinary question ¶324.9 d, how do you interpret the statement, “Jesus Christ is Lord”? Write a least two full paragraphs in response.
6. Manuscript of your sermon. This year we require your sermon to be based upon the Revised Common Lectionary readings during the month prior to your paperwork due date. 2018 is year B. Year C begins on the 1st Sunday of Advent 2018. (This must be your original sermon).
7. Please provide a copy of your worship bulletin or develop a worship bulletin to accompany your sermon.
8. Provide 1 CD of your sermon that corresponds with item 6 and 7 above. The recording of the sermon must be delivered or mailed to the Easton DCOM Registrar by 12 noon on the specified date. DO NOT SEND A DVD. Send your CD to the same address as number 3. If you hand-deliver your recordings, please note that the office hours at Grace U.M.C., Cambridge are not fixed. Please call ahead at 410-228-4453 (church office) or Rev. Gedman at 443-693-3694 to set a time.
9. Describe how you are leading your congregation away from discriminatory “isms” in the church and community; such as ageism, racism, and sexism. Select one for a written response but be prepared to answer upon the other “isms” as well.
10. Read “This Holy Mystery – A United Methodist Understanding of Holy Communion” Be prepared to articulate your understanding to the following questions:
a. What are the five means of grace defined in the document? Be prepared to discuss each one.
b. As they pertain to the meaning of Holy Communion, what are the six major ideas present in Holy Communion? Be prepared to discuss each one.
11. What is a specific teaching or practice from your classes at Seminary, Course of Study or Continuing Education session that you have been able to apply to your ministry? Explain what you did to implement this teaching or practice. How has this ignited ministries among the laity in your congregation?
12. Be prepared to articulate how you communicate to your laity dates, times, and locations of training opportunities and events.
RETIRED LOCAL PASTORS
Be prepared to discuss the following questions. You may submit written responses. If you choose to write your responses, provide your answers 2 weeks prior to your interview date to the DCOM registrar at Easton.firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Describe how you are leading your congregation away from classism in the church and community, such as ageism, racism, and sexism. Select one for a written response but be prepared to answer upon the other “isms” as well.
2. Cite five highlights of your ministry since your last interview.
3. What continuing education have you completed since your last interview? What are you plans for continuing education in the coming year?
1. Form 105 (Application for Clergy relationship),
2. Certified Candidate for at least one year,
3. College Transcript,
4. Seminary Transcript,
5. Written report of Mentor,
6. Report of District Superintendent,
7. Written answers to Par. 324.9 a-p,
8. Psychological Assessment Reports.