EASTON DISTRICT COMMITTEE ON ORDAINED MINISTRY
Rev. Darlene M. Dixon, Chair email@example.com
P.O. Box 222, Trappe, MD 21673 410-690-4902
The Easton District Committee on Ordained Ministry (DCOM) is looking forward to meeting with you this year. This information packet contains all you will need to be prepared for your meeting. Please review all of this information carefully and be certain to note the date your paperwork is to be submitted.
1. All written paperwork is to be submitted electronically. Please note the address:
2. You must meet all deadlines. Failure to do so will result in the cancellation of your interview. If your interview is cancelled or you fail to meet with the committee on your scheduled meeting date, you will likely be discontinued and you may lose your Local Pastor License, and thus your appointment.
3. Review and complete DCOM’s recommendations from your last interview. Failure to fulfill these recommendations may result in discontinuation and you may lose your Local Pastor License and thus your appointment. If you cannot locate your letter, contact the registrar for a copy.
4. Once you have been scheduled to meet with the committee it is very difficult to reschedule. Except in extreme emergencies we will not be able to make changes in the schedule. If an emergency occurs, please call the DCOM chairperson, Rev. Darlene M. Dixon, or the DCOM registrar, Rev. Daniel T. Gedman, as soon as possible.
4. The paperwork you submit to DCOM is a reflection of your professionalism. Please note these guidelines:
a. Many of the questions are multi-part questions; be sure to answer all parts of each question.
b. Format: Use the form the DCOM registrar sends.
c. Spelling, grammar and punctuation are important. Please have your papers proofread for technical quality prior to submitting them. Prior to submission, your papers must be reviewed by your mentor and the mentor must sign off that they have had an opportunity to review the final draft of your work.
5. Plagiarism: The Easton DCOM broadly defines plagiarism as the intentional or unintentional copying of any work (book, periodical, internet or other form of written or digital material) and presenting it as one’s own work. As you present your written work, and it must be your own work, you may include quotes from other works, but the quotes must be properly footnoted. Failure to do this could result in immediate discontinuance or other consequence. The Easton DCOM will not tolerate plagiarism.
6. Your meeting with the Easton DCOM is a professional meeting. We make every effort to stay on schedule. Plan to arrive 15 minutes early for your interview in the event that we may be running ahead of schedule. The waiting area is in the District Office (Make your mentor aware of your meeting date and ask them to attend the meeting with you.)
We are very serious about the work of the Easton District Committee on Ordained Ministry and are committed to work with you to make this very important part of your ministry successful. We ask that you understand that this is a mandatory part of your ministry and that you take this process as seriously as we do.