NEIGHBORHOOD HOUSE, INC - Board Secretary
Neighborhood House is encouraging qualified individuals to apply for the volunteer position of Board Secretary. The Board Secretary is an important executive member of the Board of Directors of Neighborhood House, Inc. The Board meets on the 4th Monday of each month at 1218 B Street unless otherwise rescheduled.
Approximately 4 hours per month (board meetings, executive committee meeting
and secretarial duties as described below)
Term of Office:
Two years (unless otherwise determined)
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Secretary will work closely with the Chair of the Board and the CEO in the planning of board of director’s meetings. The secretary of the board shall be responsible for ensuring:
- The creation and timely distribution of agenda for Board meetings.
- The accurate recording and distribution of the minutes of Board of Directors meetings.
- The creation and maintenance of an up-to-date board planning calendar outlining matters to be on the board’s agenda over the course of a year.
- Maintenance of a full contact list of board members including board member appointment dates, term of appointments and board member bios.
- In the event that the Secretary is unable to attend a meeting where minutes or notes are to be taken, it is the secretary’s responsibility to find an alternate.
- The updating, maintaining and safe storage of the Association’s Minute Book
The Secretary for the Board of Directors at Neighborhood House is accountable to the Board and, like other members of the board, has no authority to direct staff or act on matters outside the duties outlined in their position description.
Address: 1218 B STREET WILMINGTON DE 19801