United Methodist Women is seeking a Treasurer/Chief Financial Officer who is a forward-thinking, strategic advisor that promotes and enables change throughout the organization.
United Methodist Women is seeking a Treasurer/Chief Financial Officer who is a forward-thinking, strategic advisor that promotes and enables change throughout the organization. A fully-qualified candidate will understand the pivotal role that finance plays in the organization and can provide the necessary analysis and decision tools to drive the organization forward and execute its strategy. You are suitable for this role if you are mission oriented and can integrate between the organization’s overall financial strategy and member solutions.
Position Summary The Chief Financial Officer position is accountable for the financial operations, grants administration, and property and risk management work of the organization. This includes the development of a financial plan to fulfill the organization’s existing obligations and to support its operational strategy, identify the benchmarks needed to achieve these plans, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve organization assets and report accurate financial results. Principal accountabilities are monitoring and directing the implementation of strategic financial operations, participating in key decisions as a member of the UMW leadership, overseeing the issuance of financial information, supervising the management of UMW investments, understanding and mitigating key elements of the organization’s risk profile and monitoring cash balances and cash forecasts. The Treasurer/CFO leads strategic and practical engagement with the property owned by the organization operated by others and recommends needed investment and transactions to the Board for action.
• Membership in The United Methodist Church with familiarity and general knowledge of agencies of the United Methodist Church is required. A dedicated member of United Methodist Women who possess a strong witness for Christ and mission along with an understanding of The United Methodist Church, its polity, its connectional structure, and the interfaith communities is preferred.
• Bachelor’s Degree and at least 7 to 10 years of experience in a senior level finance position and/or finance managerial position in a faith-based or not-for-profit financial management preferably religious not-for-profits and non-governmental organizations (NGO’s); handling pension, 403 (b) plans, self-funded health plans, property management, and investment management.
• Proven ability to discreetly handle sensitive matters.
• Able to effectively communicate with key constituencies including UMW Conference, District and Jurisdiction treasurers.
• Able to work collaboratively across the organization to produce and present needed reports and presentations to the Board of Directors and members.
• Ability to analyze and interpret Financial statements and to report verbally and/or in writing. Ability to oversee and implement best financial practices.
• Experience in and knowledge of Pension and Health Administration, including familiarity with federal laws and HIPPA compliance. Knowledge of UMW Denominational Benefits Plans helpful.
• Familiarity with endowment administration including current legal requirements.
• Oversee internal Grants and Scholarship Management processes. Benefits Health, Dental, Vision, Life, LTD, EAP, 8% 403(b) employer contribution with 2% match, Wellness Wednesday yoga, 22 vacation days and other generous time-off benefits including August Fridays and Christmas week. To Apply
• Send Resume/Cover/Salary Requirement to email@example.com.
• The position will be open until a suitable candidate is selected and hired